|Watercolorist Marsha Owen won Best of Show in the 2012 Member's Juried Show|
Please note that there are changes to the entry details for the 2013 show, so read the prospectus carefully. Show Chair Diane Scholar and her team have already been working hard to put on a spectacular event this coming year.
Check the Upcoming Paint Outs, Shows & Events Page for a link to download the prospectus & entry form: http://www.arizonapleinairpainters.com/Asset.asp?AssetID=30053&AKey=ZW7DW68M
You must be a member to enter, so please make sure your membership dues are up-to-date. Apply for APAP membership, or pay your 2013 dues here: http://www.arizonapleinairpainters.com/Asset.asp?AssetID=31059&AKey=ZW7DW68M . You no longer need to be a resident of Arizona to join APAP, and you can apply online and pay via Paypal.
Saturday Paint-Outs planned for December:December 8, 2012. Scottsdale.
Paint in the morning (8 - 11) at Lost Dog Wash Trailhead. Have lunch, see galleries.
Attend Matt Smith's landscape demo in the afternoon (3 - 5 p.m.) Call the Scottsdale Artists' School for lecture details and registration: (480) 990-1422.
|Lost Dog Wash Trail entrance photo courtesy of yelp|
Lost Dog Trailhead: Restrooms, McDowell Mountains, desert foliage, hiking trails, ramada, big parking lot. Easy access to Downtown Scottsdale.
Directions: Plan A:
• 101 to Shea Blvd.
• East on Shea Blvd. to 124th St.
• North (left) on 124th St to entrance at Lost Dog.
Directions: Plan B:
• 101 to Frank Lloyd Wright.
• East (left) on Frank Lloyd Wright. FLW will go southeast, then south.
• East (left) on Via Linda to 124th.
• North (left) on 124th to entrance at Lost Dog.
• Meet at the far end of the parking lot near the restrooms.
December 15, 2012 Wickenburg Vulture Peak Mine or vicinity.
We will meet in the Safeway parking lot at 8:00 am to discuss preferences. Please be on time. The mine has an entry fee, probably $10.
|Vulture Peak Mine Trail photo courtesy TheBayfieldBunch|
Directions from Scottsdale:• West on Carefree Highway (Highway 74)
• North (right) on Highway 60 for about 10 miles
Speed trap! Watch your speed.
• At the traffic circle (roundabout) go west on 60.
This takes you through a business district and under a trestle.
• Continue west on 60 (West Wickenburg Way) about 2.5 miles to S. Vulture Mine Rd.
• At the southwest corner of 60 and S. Vulture Mine Rd. is a Safeway Store with a large parking lot. Turn left (south) on S. Vulture Mine Rd. into the parking lot. We will meet inside the parking lot at a point nearest the intersection. Please be there by 8 a.m.
It is vital that you let me know you are coming as there are several painting locations from which to choose. Please let me know via email if you are planning to attend. I need an accurate list for this event because the actual choice of painting sites can vary somewhat. We do not want to lose anyone. We will meet for lunch afterwards.