A very warm welcome to our newest member, Mark White of Casa Grande. You can see Mark's colorful landscapes on his website at: http://markwhiteart.com/. Looking forward to seeing you at a paint-out soon, Mark!
|Photo courtesy greasewoodflat.net|
Wednesday, March 5
Greasewood Flats is an outdoor bar with a large parking area. Artists are permitted to paint in the parking area and in the far parts of the bar area. However, they may only carry in bottled water into the premises.Bar rules: Nothing taken in; nothing taken out. Bottled water excepted.
Greasewood Flats offers a very limited menu: burgers, veggie burgers (on request), hotdogs, and chili. They open at 11 a.m. Amenities: Restrooms, lots of stuff to paint, great views, an old truck, old architecture, view of Pinnacle Peak, desert foliage, and two old jackasses (four legged variety).
Directions from the north:
- East on Dynamite Rd to Alma School Parkway (stoplight). This is about a mile uphill. Speed is 50 mph with a traffic camera, so mind your manners.
- South (right) on Alma School Parkway for about .07 mile.
- Sharp left turn right after Reata Pass Steakhouse building.
- The entrance is poorly marked, so slow way down.
- Left through the gate (15 mph) to the parking lot.
Directions from the south:
- Take the North Pima Road exit off the Loop 101.
- North on Pima Road to Happy Valley Road.
- East (right) on Happy Valley Rd. (about 2.5 miles) to Alma School Road (4-way stop).
- North (left) on Alma School Rd. (this turns into Alma School Parkway north of Jomax Rd) about 1.1 mi. to Greasewood Flats.
- Turn sharply right down hill into parking lot.
- The entrance is poorly marked. If you miss it, turn around in the Reata Pass parking area and try again.
Saturday, March 8 Glendale "Paris In Spring"
APAP artists are asked to paint 10 am to 4 pm in Catlin Court and the Old Towne districts, and may sell small works where they set up, with a permit. We're getting mentioned by name in Glendale-area newspapers and social media, so if you want to paint, just show up!
IMPORTANT: If you plan to sell on site, obtain a temporary sales permit by going to these sites:https://www.glendaleaz.com/taxandlicense/TemporaryLicense.cfm andhttps://www.glendaleaz.com/taxandlicense/documents/TransientApplication.pdf.
Hey, don't forget that our annual show entry deadline is fast approaching!! March 15th is your deadline for this year's awesome APAP Members' Juried Exhibition at the Mountain Artists' Guild Gallery in beautiful Prescott! Everything you need to know is right here: http://www.tinyurl.com/APAPEvents. Also, don't forget to reserve your spot in Bill Cramer's workshop in June - space is limited!